ExecGen is a 6-month leadership development opportunity designed to challenge seasoned leaders to dig deeper within themselves, their teams, and their organizations to build authenticity, trust, and leadership competencies to meet current and future leadership challenges.
This program is ideal for professionals with at least 20 years of supervisory experience, who have direct reports supervising others.
KEY CURRICULUM THEMES:
- Change Agility
- Coaching and Leading a Team
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leaving a Legacy
- Trauma-Informed Leadership
- Values-Based Leadership
- Visionary Thinking and Strategic Planning
The Launch Event creates cohort cohesion while establishing a baseline for learning and shared agreements. This two-day event will cover the following content areas:
DEI Framework & Creating Psychological Safety
The DEI Framework establishes the primary and advanced concepts around what it looks like to lead with cultural relevance around current DEI workplace strategies. Participants will:
- Understand basic principles and terminology surrounding DEI
- Learn about the importance of and how to create psychological safety
- Realize the impact various diversity dimensions and intersectionality have on workplace dynamics and how to leverage those diversity dimensions for optimal team performance
- Uncover what structures they have power and influence over and how to use their agency to remove structures in their organizations for all, especially those traditionally underrepresented
- Use their learning to move from cultural awareness to cultural competency
This workshop explores transformational leadership through the frameworks of trauma sensitivity and healing. Leaders will have the opportunity to explore their leadership style and identify areas for expansion. Participants will:
- Understand their leadership style and identify areas of growth through the frameworks of trauma sensitivity and healing-centered practice
- Utilize the practice of ‘radical softness’ as it relates to transformational leadership
During the Launch Event, participants will also:
- Set their group agreements and personal goals for the program
- Receive an introduction to Emotional Intelligence and an in-depth debrief on their EQ360 assessment tool
- EQ360 – At the beginning of the program, ExecGen participants will engage in the EQ360 Assessment. This assessment is a concentrated look at how the professional shows up in every area of their life, revealing strengths and areas of opportunity.
- IPM (Insights for People Management) – The IPM Assessment uses neuroscience to help leaders better understand themselves and their natural brain style while providing insight into how others think. This knowledge allows leaders of people to increase self-awareness, build confidence, and improve people management skills to enhance performance. Participants also receive follow-up training with IPM.
- PI (Predictive Index) – The PI Behavioral Assessment is a highly effective, science-based assessment that breaks down results into four primary behavioral factors or core drives. These core drives and their relation to each other create a behavioral pattern that provides a simple framework for understanding the workplace behaviors of candidates and employees. The results make it easy to predict workplace behaviors and motivating needs.
Participants engage in monthly workshop days, moving through a process of understanding self, connecting meaningfully with others, and effectively leading organizations.
Emotional Intelligence and Values Alignment
Leaders are responsible for creating environments and how people perceive the emotional environment at work is crucial to their ability to perform and remain engaged. Participants will:
- Understand how their emotional climate creates an emotional environment for others
- Gain insights into creating the desired emotional environment at work
- Learn to align their external behaviors and choices with their internal intentions
- Learn to take responsibility for unintended impact, especially as a result of a misalignment between values and actions
The PI Assessment results identify and leverage team strengths while providing coaching recommendations for participants specific to their workplace teams. Participants will:
- Understand that employees have different needs based on their drives and how leaders need to meet these needs as often as possible
- Use their own PI results to better understand their own drives, strengths, and stressors at work
- Gain self-awareness around how they show up to work while being equipped to better communicate with team members
- Understand areas where they may need to stretch their leadership style to get better results
- Learn about stress responses and how to lead under stress with more ease and peace
- Understand the ten scenarios that create burnout and how to address them
Leader as Coach
Coaching Essentials®, authored by Blanchard Master Certified Coaches, teaches leaders how to use coach-like behaviors so that productivity increases, teams are more unified, and the company performs better overall. This program embraces the tried-and-true coaching competencies as defined by the International Coaching Federation; the expert authors have spent more than 20 years mastering the language and practices that make these methods immediately useful. Participants will:
- Learn how to accelerate learning and development for others
- Create autonomous problem-solvers
- Uncover how to retain talent
- Build their leadership bench strength
Strategic Design & Creative Approaches to Problem-Solving
Often, strategy becomes stuck in either tactical implementation or lofty vision, and both are necessary for organizational success. This day will move from theory to practice ensuring participants are well equipped to move their organization forward. Participants will:
- Learn how to create a space conducive to creativity and visioning
- Explore a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Discover ways to get unstuck when it comes to implementing a sustainable strategy
Change is rapid and unavoidable, and if history is any indication, it will only come quicker. For organizations to stay relevant, they need influential leaders who are not only able to adapt to change but embrace it. Participants will:
- Explore their relationship with change
- Understand how their current relationship with change influences their leadership
- Gain tools to lead more effectively through change
Leaving a legacy is about more than succession planning and who takes over a position. It involves intentional preparation for both the organization and the departing leader. Participants will:
- Utilize self-discoveries from throughout ExecGen to explore what comes next after they move up or onward from their current role
- Establish their non-negotiables and moral imperative, and uncover what is generative for them
- Prepare to transition others in ways that are propagative, celebratory, and transparent
- Design a plan for an equitable talent pipeline in their organization.
- Executive Coaching – Each ExecGen participant receives up to six (6) one-hour Executive Coaching sessions with a Certified Executive Coach. At the Launch Event in February, participants will engage in a coach-matching process to choose their coach from a carefully vetted group of coaches. The focus of the coaching is specific to each participant’s needs, goals, and results of their EQ360.
- EQ360 Coaching – In addition to Executive Coaching, each participant receives two (2) one-on-one EQ coaching sessions to better understand the Emotional Intelligence 360 Assessment (EQ360), how to interpret their results and how to use it to catalyze personal and professional growth.
Each ExecGen participant will create their unique Leadership Point of View to be shared within the cohort and their colleagues and teams outside of ExecGen. An expertly guided process facilitates each participant’s understanding of how their experiences molded them as a leader, what is important to them, and what they expect of themselves and others.
Mandatory Launch Event: Thursday, February 23 – Friday, February 24, 2023
Monthly Full-Day Workshops:
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Tuesday, June 27, 2023
- Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Mandatory Graduation: August 22, 2023 (Full-Day Workshop and Evening Graduation)
Participants who miss more than one monthly workshop will not graduate. Habitual tardiness will count towards an absence. If you cannot attend a mandatory event, please consider rearranging your schedule or enrolling for a future year.
$8,000 ($7,750 if enrolled before August 31, 2022)
A Note on Tuition Assistance:
We encourage all applicants to seek tuition payment/reimbursement from their employer. In cases where the full cost of tuition is a burden for either the employer or the individual, a limited amount of tuition assistance is available. Tuition assistance is based upon demonstrated need and is limited to no more than 50% of the tuition cost. Leadership Columbus also offers a limited number of Diversity Scholarships, which are awarded by the Selection Committee based on completing an additional application. If you apply for tuition assistance, Leadership Columbus will ask for additional information from your employer to aid the Selection Committee in awarding tuition assistance dollars. Eligibility for tuition assistance includes, but is not limited to, self-paying individuals or individuals sponsored by a nonprofit organization.
CLICK HERE to sign up for a virtual info session about ExecGen!
Enrollment for ExecGen is now closed. It will reopen in July 2023 for the ExecGen Class of 2024.