Deeper learning. Inspired Leading.
That’s what we do here at Leadership Columbus. We transform leaders into change makers. We are unapologetically focused on our communities, lifting the veil and helping people really understand where they live, why things are the way they are, and how decisions of the past have affected the communities we live in today.
Leadership Columbus is more than a collection of community leadership programs. It’s a life-changing leadership experience.
Through our programs, we promise an immersive experience that will educate, prepare, empower, and transform. No other leadership organization in our region has the people and the programming to help diverse leaders of all stages connect, grow, transform, and impact lives like Leadership Columbus.
- Our program curriculum undergoes constant evaluation to ensure relevancy.
- We have access to influential leaders throughout Central Ohio, several of whom are Leadership Columbus alumni.
- Our alumni have assumed positions of leadership in areas such as government, banking, business, nonprofit, politics, journalism, education, philanthropy, law, neighborhood development, and more.
- Program graduates populate boards of the arts, health care, human service, and innumerable other nonprofit boards.
- We offer tuition assistance and a scholarship program that helps ensure the best and brightest have access to our long-term programs regardless of their ability to pay.
- We are strongly committed to DEIB and work to support and empower diverse leaders.
For nearly 50 years, Leadership Columbus has been the premier training ground to prepare individuals to become current the future trustees in and for our communities. Our program offering is designed to meet individuals wherever they are on their leadership journey.
- NxGen Program – a 10-month program focused on the leadership and development needs of emerging leaders and first-time managers.
- Executive Edge Program – a 6-month leadership development opportunity for people with 5-10 years of direct management experience.
- Signature Program – a 10-month civic-minded program designed to give participants the tools they need to become active and influential leaders in the community. This program is experience and age-agnostic.
- The Central Ohio Leadership Academy (COLA) – a high-impact leadership development experience designed for rising high school junior and senior student leaders
- Nonprofit Board Governance Training – training for alumni, individuals, nonprofits, and companies with the education and training needed to support, develop, and hone board governance skills that are critical to the success of nonprofits
- Workshops – a collection of shorter development experiences focused on specific, topical learning needs of leaders.